“As a founding executive of Orascom Telecom in Cairo I helped bring reliable cellular communications to more than 125 million customers in 10 countries. It changed their lives. It’s time to do the same with water.”
– Michael O’Connor, Rainmaker CEO
The Rainmaker management team is smart, experienced, and committed. Our Chief Technology Officer holds over 430 patents, while our Managing Director has structured and executed many sophisticated international M&A, corporate finance, and intellectual property transactions in global markets.
Furthermore, this multi-national team has seen great success in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, all critical markets for Rainmaker.
Rainmaker’s executive management team is responsible for establishing the strategic policy for the company with the committed goal of increasing shareholder value, and conducting our business true to our core values of transparency, ethics, and teamwork.
Rainmaker Management and Board of Directors
Board Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and Director
- Co-Founder of WIND Mobile (Canada) 2008
- A founding executive of Orascom Telecom, 1999-2008, Cairo, Egypt. IPO 2000. Market Cap growth $200 million to $12 billion. IPO more than 12 subsidiaries.
- Director of the Centre for Economic and Financial Analysis at SAIC, M&A consultancy supporting multiple transactions
Paul H. Heney
Vice President MENA & Asia, Secretary and Chief Legal Officer
- Extensive M&A, transaction and corporate development experience in Canada and international
- Corporate governance of public and private corporations
- Senior lawyer (30 years)
- Merchant banker
Managing Director, Europe
- Management and financial executive
- Broad international business development experience
- Extensive public company experience CMA, CMF and IMA designations
- Amsterdam Stock Exchange executive
Chief Financial Officer
- CPA, CMA, BSc, MBA, MA (Econ)
- VP / CFO Manulife Financial (Barbados), CFO BMO Financial Group (Barbados)
- In-depth international experience in accounting, taxation, treasury and asset/liability management
- Manufacturing experience with GE and Outboard Marine Corp
Vice President Finance
- Orchestrated many new business start-ups
- Manages all of the financial, administration and human resource functions
- Manufacturing, retail, financial services, telecommunications, media and consumer products
Board of Directors
- Director of many telecom companies and holding companies including Wind Mobile, Hutchison Telecommunications International and Telecel
- Active with numerous NGOs including Trent University and the Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
- Member of many critical committees including finance and compensation
- Senior Finance Executive, international experience, including CFO, CEO and Board Director
- Consultant to companies in telecom, media and technology sectors
- Expertise in optimizing company value
- Led 35+ M&A deals and been involved in financings with a total value of several billion
D. Bruce Macdonald
- Extensive experience in the financial services industry and corporate governance
- Past Head of Commodities for RBC Capital Markets and Co-CEO of RBC (Barbados) Trading Bank Corp.
- Past Head of Wholesale Technology and Operations for RBC’s Capital Markets and Wealth Management business
- Served as Executive Vice President of Royal Bank of Canada and President of RBC Dominion Securities Inc.
Dr. Mamdouh Shoukri
- World-renowned researcher specializing in thermal-fluid science
- Recently completed his decade-long tenure as the seventh President and Vice-Chancellor of York University
- Led the development of the McMaster Innovation Park and was a member of the founding Board of the Ontario Centers of Excellence (OCE Inc.)
- Past member of the Ontario Research and Innovation Council
- Named a Member of the Order of Canada, the Order of Ontario, and awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal